Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hurray for The Red White and Blue



Happy Independance Day to all my fellow Americans. And a belated Canada Day to our neighbors to the north.

Only one job last night, because the second one was cancelled due to employee ire. We were to plant a field of flags for someone's boss, but it we received a call yesterday saying "Don't do it!" Apparently payroll didn't get processed and all good feelings toward Mr Employer evaporated in anticipation of many overdraft notices. I suspect it will be a cold day in hell before the staff honors this boss again. Remember the old saying: it only takes one "Oh Shit" to wipe out a hundred "Atta Boy"s.

And a happy birthday to Gramps. Celebrating his 81st birthday with flamingos and somewhere in the distance, fireworks.

5 comments:

Sarie said...

My best friend is in Iraq currently with the Marine Corps. I have warned her that when she returns, she will get flamingo'd as she LOVES plastic lawn flamingoes.

Here from Michele's.

Karen said...

Hi from Wisconsin! Hope you're having a great 4th of July!

Michele sent me. Thanks for stopping by my place!

Yo Tambien Te Mando Besos said...

Hi Flamingess! It's my first time here... do you really do that for a living? How awesome!!! Here from Michele today... great 4th of July!

Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

cool
boo for the payroll guys

Anonymous said...

True enough about the atta boys. I've said it once and will say it again. People is funny. lol.

Too bad about all those payroll messes.