Thursday, July 06, 2006

Day Jobs

We had a rare treat, all of today's work was delivered in the daylight hours, and not too early either. Of course I forgot the camera, since I had a chance to actually take daylight photos. Oh well.

First order out went to the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce. It's the event coordinator's birthday and a few of the Golf Committee members called yesterday with a 911. Can we do an indoor display? In the morning? Of course we can, and so we did. The birthday girl was in a meeting with the Golf Committee while we snuck in the back door and distributed flamingos throughout the office. When she emerged from the conference room she was confronted by part of the flock. The rest of the birds occupied her office and made a nuisance of themselves on her desk (but no bird poop). We returned just before closing to pick them up. The birthday girl and all her co-workers were still laughing.

The second flock went out in the daylight because I couldn't convince the sender that we could do the set up without alerting the dog or be done setting up before the recipient got up at 4:00am. Maybe she takes the dog to work with her. It certainly didn't bark while we were working in the yard. I doubt if it will bark when we stop by to pick up. I'll get a picture then and add it to this post. (Picture added 7/8.)

I have to admit, it was nice to get two whole night's sleep. It will probably screw me up for my usual schedule for the next three or four days, but it was worth it.

Here is what sleep deprivation can do to the mind:

The proprietress of Yard Regards, had this vision as she was drifting off to sleep the other night. While I don't wish her a state of constant fatigue, I hope this is the start of a series of flocking cartoons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Michele!
My best friend lives in a FEMA trailer now in Biloxi, MS and has a bunch of pink flamingos in her yard! :)

Malinda777 said...

Sounds like you have a cool job. Glad to see people doing what they love. From one natural night lover to another, kudos to you.

Here from Michele

Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

heh heh -- gotta love the tribute cartoon