Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Mud, Dust and Dirty Birds

The birds have been busy lately. This is good on several levels. Since it's been raining, the flocks have been given a much needed bath, although the effect gets negated when they get un-planted and mud clings to the rod. Fortunately, no one seems to mind a little mud on their flamingos. Its not like they're being served up as hors d'oeuvres.

The rains stopped a few days ago and the crows didn't get a shower so they retain their classic dusty patina. I suppose I could give them a bath but my yard is so hard that there's no place to plant them to dry. Then the bears would want a bath, and the buzzards, then the bats and cows and penguins and I'd have to have to whole critter population in the tub and my bathroom just isn't big enough. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

2 comments:

Joy Poulsen said...

What a hoot! I love what you do and Flamingo Surprise must be a delight and welcome reprise from that corporate life (I'm a former corporate puke too haha). So glad you are following your passion of making people happy! Keep up the great work.

Joy Poulsen
http://inspirefitnessbootcamps.com
http://inspirefitnessbootcamps.blogspot.com/

Irene Turner said...

Having moved from Chicago to Bodega, I am particularly fond of crows! the Birds and all! Plus, I love how crows move together as a tribe with the leader always sitting at the top of the tree. Reminds me of Indian tribes...and of course, love the humor as an old crow myself! Good one!