Monday, February 12, 2007

Bye By Birdies

It seems like I've been on the run, but I can't quite figure out what I've been so busy with. It obviously hasn't been blogging. Maybe if I managed to keep up with this a little better I might be able to remember where all the time has gone.

The most memorable event in recent weeks was the loss of almost half my penguin flock. They had been busy, dropping in to spread birthday cheer all around my territory. They even survived an outing at a school. But someone in San Rafael bagged my birds. There is a neighborhood watch alert in effect for their recovery but I don't hold out much hope. How tacky is it to steal almost half of a little girl's birthday surprise?

The cows and hearts suddenly are very popular. It tickles me that after all this time my customers can come up with a new combination that looks so good. I think the "black and white and red all over" lawn looks great.


And just to show how challenging this job can be, this flock is clinging to the side of a very steep driveway. The picture doesn't do the terrain justice at all. To test our agility even more, when we returned to pick up the birds, some of them had migrtaed further into the landscaping. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I am not the athletic type. Running, jumping and climbing (especially climbing)are not among my natural talents. But since the birds refuse to come when called, I had no choice but to go in after them. Too bad there wasn't a video camera rolling.

No comments: